News Regarding Recent Fire
Early, this past Monday morning (01/20/14), we were awakened to the horrific news that a trailer was on fire. Getting right to the punch:
1) everyone is ok...no one was home at the time,
2) the trailer and its contents were a total loss
3) the fire was contained to the one site
4) there was no other damage to any other site
5) the fire has been determined to be the result of a internal wiring on the trailer.
With the above in mind:
1) make sure that you have a properly working smoke detector,
2) you have fire extinguishers,
3) you check the wiring in your trailer for wear,
4) you check your sockets for overload (too many extention cords etc)
5) make sure space heaters, appliances, etc, are turned off before leaving for the week.
We want to truly Thank all those in the Armadillo Family that helped us out in such an immediate way at such a desperate time.
We had left for work before sunrise. It seems that the fire broke out a bit after that. It's kinda a miracle because we thought we had to be at work in Dallas at 7-ish. Had we returned a phone call that was very late at night, we would have been told that we could sleep in a little and get to work by 9-ish. Which means we would have possibly been asleep when the fire engulfed the trailer.
We want to thank the Armadillo "Fire Brigade": Rick, Ed, Duke, Isaac, and Bill for keeping the tremendous fire contained to our lot only.
Also, thank you to those that showed up for moral support, concern, and coffee. Your kind words truly show us your Godly hearts.
Although we didn't have too much, we did have all we owned go up in flames. There were many irreplacable items, photographs, and memories that dissapeared that day. But thank God that we and our puppy Dee-Dee are safe.
We want to thank the responding Fire Departments for putting out the blaze.
We also want to thank Armadillo Resort for setting us up in another rental immediately. A few Armadillo Family members have blessed us with housing essentials and money due to the fact that, as of Monday morning, the only thing we owned pretty much were the clothes on our backs.
I want to thank the Managers at Goodwill. When they found out why we were shopping for complete sets of clothes and housing essentials, they mentioned they would help us out at the register. Basically, that meant giving us a 50% discount on our purchases. (The code word on the receipt was "Manna"...which Bill told us was "Bread from Heaven.")
Once again..."Thank You" very much for the help and blessings. We pray that God returns your thoughtfulness and gifts many times over.
Hunter and DJ
(and Dee-Dee our puppy)